Potanicals is a cannabis licensed producer based in BC, fully licensed under Health Canada regulations. We produce premium quality cannabis to meet the medicinal and recreational needs of our clients across the country. We are looking for an individual with the education, background, and experience to become the Master Grower at its facility. The Master Grower will be responsible for managing a large scale commercial facility and performing all the tasks in the growing process including designing and maintaining nutrient regiments, the selection and development of genetic strains and seeds, cloning, potting and transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, harvesting, drying, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
Applicants must be willing to relocate to BC for the position.
- Production Horticulture Diploma or a degree in Biology, Agriculture, Horticulture, or equivalent commercial growing experience would be ideal.
- Strong understanding of genetics and plant care including a comprehensive knowledge of strains
- Maintain extra attention to detail to achieve consistently high quality and yield
- Manage a large-scale production facility, including ensuring cleanliness of the facility, managing budget, cost, performing general administrative duties, and purchasing materials as needed
- Recognize potential problems and execute correction measures
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government
- Minimum 5 years of Canadian commercial experience producing flowers of food
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, etc. and harvesting/trimming, drying, curing, manicuring
- Extensive experience in propagation
- Experience with automated environmental control software, programming, determining set points and monitoring practices.
- Familiarity with industry software for production management, recording, and monitoring - seed to sale tracking software
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage time, set priorities and handle many obligations at the same time
- Strong verbal communication, leadership, and managerial skills
- The ideal candidate should also have strong expertise in mold and pest prevention without the use of synthetic/commercial pesticides
- Knowledge of Canada’s ACMPR rules, regulations, and production requirements would be the valuable attribute
- Require managing and guide cultivation team and make adjustments if necessary in order to achieve goals on a daily and monthly basis
- Ensure you and your team are following regulatory procedures and policies
- Assist in the hiring and training of all production staff
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary
- Must not have any criminal convictions or arrests involving drug-related offenses, (a criminal record check with the RCMP will be required prior to any offer being made).
Job Type: Full-time