Primary Objectives of the job:
- Health and safety of the workforce on the site.
- Development of an employee-oriented working culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Ensure that all employees on site perform according to their job description.
- Ensure that all employees on site work and fulfill their responsibility according to their position in the organizational chart.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among workers that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Primary Responsibilities and Authority of the job
- Responsible for planning, directing, overseeing and leading all the operations on the site on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the building, equipment, and infrastructure and therefore responsible for authorizing any engagement with contractors with respect to the site.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance department on site.
- Keeping track of activities of the production site and the work performed of the employees on site.
- Authorized to approve for sale of batches of produced dried marijuana, i.e., finished products.
- Reporting the status and actions of the site in a transparent and honest way to the board.
- Ensuring that the activities on site comply with the Health Canada regulations.
- Responsible for supervising the activities with respect to cannabis.
- Actively demonstrate mission, vision, values to all levels of the organization
- Implement strategic plans in order to meet business objectives and advance the company towards its mission and vision.
- Keep accountability of the management team and ensures key performance indicators are met
- Ensure each department manager is accountable by clearly defining, tracking, and reviewing monthly goals and potential outcomes
- Ensure all key products, product launches, and special projects are delivered on time
- Collaborate with quality assurance team to ensure all Canadian and international regulatory requirements are met
- Working with leaders from other departments (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Quality) to align on organizational goals
Required Skills and Training**
- Completion of a college or university program in business administration or operations management.
- 5 to 10 years of operations work experience, with at least 5 years at the supervisory or management level
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing safety procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Have lead or been a key leader in an ERP implementation.
- Strong conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Strong thought leadership with the ability to independently take calculated risks.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and able to influence a team.
- Effective negotiation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time