Job Summary and Motivation:
The Sanitation position and its related tasks is a critical position within the company. Sanitation and cleanliness are what sets us apart from competitors. The high-quality product is only achieved with regular and consistent cleaning. With 5 grow rooms full of plants, the cultivation team will focus fulltime on growing, while the cleaning and sanitation jobs are completed by a separate position. The Sanitation position includes general areas, as well as cleanup and sanitation of cultivation related tasks
The Sanitation person is first responsible for the cleaning of the general area, while the cultivation team is cleaning their task-related duties. After cleaning the general areas, the Sanitation person is assigned to help with cultivation related cleaning tasks.
Responsibility and Duties / Tasks:
- Sweep and mop floors in common areas (weekly, more)
- Clean bathrooms (weekly)
- Clean air fans in grow rooms (weekly 1-2 hours)
- Assist and help with the deep cleaning of growing/processing rooms (average 0.5 days/week)
- After each harvest, clean drying trays, and racks (100 trays on 5 racks over 2 weeks)
- After each packaging, clean Curing totes (20 bins)
- After each harvest, clean harvest equipment (T4 trimmer, Bucker, Scissors, …)
- After each transplanting, pots/trays (168 pots, 40 trays)
- Clean grow tables regularly (weekly, 10 hours)
- Clean Easycloners after cloning (every 2 weeks)
- Other janitorial duties.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash cans and wiping down communal surfaces.
- Tackle heavy cleaning jobs upon request.
- Ensure outside walkways remain clear and free of debris.
- Notify building management of any repairs required.
- Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately.
Qualification and Skills:
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery used in cleaning.
- Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage, and disposal methods.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team.
- Excellent organizational skills a must.
- Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision.
- At least 21 years of age.
- No felony convictions.
- Willing to participate in an extensive background check.
- Trustworthy and hardworking.
- Reliable transportation.
Job Type: Full-time